Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The bubble is popped!

I spent over six years and tens of thousands of dollars studying at university to, among many other things, learn how to critique and question. I toyed with, tested and then constructed an ethical framework and slowly carved out a worldview that serves me to this day. I like to think of those years as the years that I created my own 'canon', for I am the product of the books that I have read.

On gaining employment with a large bureaucratic organisation I have found that the skills of questioning and the art of argumentation for ethical ends are generally undesired. I am expected to accept that the dysfunction is as inherent to the system as is the indoctrination.

I'm not sure whether to feel insulted or angry. Perhaps it is both.

No comments:

Post a Comment